History of the Serbian Association of the Internal Medicine

 
 

Yugoslav Internists Society (YIS) was founded in 1959. The first Congress of Internists was held in 1959 in Opatia. Afterwards, there was a Congress in Sarajevo (1961) and in Skoplje (1969). The following gathering of Internists was during Internist days which were held in Igalo in 1996. Twenty nine years after the 3 rd Congress of Internists, there was the 4 th Congress of Internal Medicine of Yugoslavia in Igalo in 1997. The Society changed its name into Yugoslav Internists Association, and the first elected chairman was PhD, Maksimilijan Kocijančić.

What followed was the 5 th Congress of Internal Medicine ( Belgrade , 1998) and the 6 th Congress of Internal Medicine of Yugoslavia ( Belgrade , 2000).

The Association of Internists organized in Igalo in 2001 the 1 th International Symposium of Internal Medicine of the Regional Association ISIM, where besides doctors from Yugoslavia doctors from 12 countries took part. The 8 th Congress of Internal Medicine of Serbia and Montenegro was held in Igalo from 20 th to 24 th of June, and the chairman of the organizational board was PhD, Ivan Zgradić.

The 9th Congress of Internists of Serbia was held on Zlatibor from the 7 th to the 11 th of May 2008, and the chairman of the organizational board was PhD, Branko Lović.

The conference of the Association of Internists was held on the 16 th of November, 2007. There at the meeting, the statute of Association of the Internist of Serbia was adopted, and chairmanship and control board chosen.

According to the decision of the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of State Management and Local Self- Management, the Serbian Association of the Internal Medicine ( SAIM ) is registered in the register of associations with a register number 4569 and under the ordinal number 13138.
 
Copyright © 2008. SAIM (Serbian Association of the Internal Medicine), design: City Marketing Centar